Sunday, March 18, 2007

'Class' Sock



According to SKS, I am now a sock knitter. Woohoo! I have measured my feet, chosen my needles and yarn, and cast on for my first 'real' sock.

I had a good time in Olathe. Lots of laughing happened. My sister took me to The Studio in Kansas City. They are very friendly there. I bought some blue-green Cascade 220 wool there that I will make something to be felted with. We went to another yarn shop (can't remember the name) that I wasn't very impressed with. By the time we got to the one in Olathe, it was closed. I'll just have to get up there again. Now, my sister is not a knitter, but she was very impressed with what she saw in the stores. Both of my nieces know how to knit. I helped the younger one a little bit.

3 comments:

Gwen said...

Gosh, I'm sorry you didn't find The Studio. I had my sister's help. We called them and Pam got directions and then drove. I didn't pay much attention to how we got there.

Lara said...

Sounds like fun! Your little class sock looks great!

Allison said...

cute!