Monday, November 27, 2006

Bob Finished

Here's Bob finished. Another disappointment. Can you see the stripe? I thought I was being so careful about making sure all the skeins had the same lot number. Well, I missed one. And I just had to pick that one for the middle of the sweater! It turns out the yarn wasn't right for this pattern, either. It sags and gets stretched out. Oh, well, another one for my knitting museum.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Bob 1

I've been working on Bob for about a week and a half. I'm just now ready to begin the front top ribbing. I can hardly wait to be able to wear it. I'm using Lion Brand MicroSpun. It is SO soft!

I haven't totally given up on the Halloween cardigan. I took it to the LYS yesterday to get some advice. It turns out that I made my first row on the top of the sleeve too long. I need to rip out, do some math, and start over. I have 11 months . . .

I got a crazy idea that I could knit a red tunic for my work Christmas luncheon on December 13 with big yarn and big needles and it won't take very long. I got some yarn to try out and got the swatch made. Can't find a pattern to use, so I'm just going to make a simple one.

Back to Bob . . .