Sunday, October 22, 2006

Crazy

Well, I've finally given in to being Knit-Crazy. In addition to the Halloween Cardigan, on which I'm stumped right now because I've trying to figure out how to knit sleeves from the top down, and the orange Hallowig, I've swatched for my next sweater and I just started a scarf for Knit Your Bit.

I guess that's not really very many projects compared to some knitters. It's just more than I've allowed myself so far, since February. It looks like the cardigan won't be ready for this Halloween afterall. I really wanted to knit the sleeves from the top; I've just never done it before. I know I have to use short rows, and I've actually done that before, I'm just not sure about specifics. I've ordered a book by Barbara G. Walker about knitting in the round from the top. When it arrives, I hope to learn more about what I need to do.

The Hallowig is on double-pointed needles. They're a little clumsy for me because it's been so long since I knitted with dpn. I just have a few more rows of ribbing and then I will start the decreases.

The next sweater I want to make is Bob at knitty.com. It doesn't have a low neckline, so I'm hoping that it will be alright.

The Knit Your Bit is a sweater project for veterans. I've been thinking about knitting a scarf because I know someone that wants one. I looked through my thick knitting patterns file folder and found a pattern that I had printed about 10 years ago. It's a waffle rib pattern. When I get more than four rows done, I'll post a pic.

Oh, and I've been working on a beaded bracelet this weekend.

No comments: