Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Update

I've got a few minutes and it's about time for me to finally update this blog. My hair coloring experience turned out fine. It didn't look much different from normal except for a little bit more pronounced red highlights. I think I was supposed to add something to the green gunk based on what color I was going for, but I thought that was optional.

I'm just past the midway point with my extra class (financial accounting). The second week was rough as the homework took almost every spare minute I had. It's eased up a little bit and I'm feeling more confident about my study habits. Two more sessions and then the final.

June just flew by, didn't it? We had a yard sale and my younger son called and told me I'm going to be a grandma.

Last week I found out that two aunts and two uncles were in a car wreck at 47th and K-15. I visited them in the hospital and have realized I need to reconnect with my mother's side of the family. They really are great people.

As I may have mentioned a time or two, I've been overwhelmed with homework. One day over the weekend I had done a little bit on both classes and wasn't quite sure what I should be doing. I was in the other room, just leaning on a filing cabinet, staring off into space. L came in and asked me what in the world I was doing. I said I was trying to decide what to do next. She kindly suggested that I take a break from homework and do some knitting. So, I did! It was enjoyable. What I'm working on doesn't seem to be growing very quickly.

Well, that's my few minutes. Now I need to get ready to go to work. Have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Lanora said...

Miss you much!

maxine said...

Miss you....Congratulations on being a Grandma. I can see all the baby booties and blankets on your knitting needles...Hope to see you soon.

SSK* said...

"She kindly suggested that I take a break from homework and do some knitting."

Something about knitting puts us in the right frame of mind, doesn't it? It's so soothing!