Friday, May 23, 2008

School, Knitting, Beading

Last night was the first meeting of my Business Law class. I have been very worried about it based on what I read in the syllabus. It didn't take me long after class started to realize that I don't need to worry quite as much. The teacher indicated some things in the syllabus that he's not going to enforce. There will not be a presentation, like there has been in my previous classes. Even though, I was doing fairly well with these, I'm relieved. And, he's funny! There is a paper due, which can be turned in early. I really need to try to do that because on June 10 I start an extra class that will last 7 weeks in addition to my regular class. Basically, that means double the schoolwork for me.

I have had a tendency to worry about each class before it starts. Then, at some point, either during the class or when I get my grade, I realize I didn't have much to worry about really. So, I guess I could probably stop worrying. But then I thought maybe I shouldn't stop. Because it seems to be working. I worry about my classes - and I get good grades. :)

Things can't be going too bad because I've been able to get some knitting done and even a small amount of beading. I have managed to get the pink shell to about 4 1/2 inches. At 14 inches, I will get to split for the top part. Maybe I'll get it done in time for Fall. :)

A friend and I decided to do a little bit of beading recently. I made a pink necklace and matching bracelet with the spiral rope stitch. I will try to take a picture of them soon. I still plan to make earrings . . .

I'm glad I could take some time to update this blog this morning, but I really need to be getting ready to go to work. To ALL of my knitting and beading friends, I Miss You!!!!!!

4 comments:

Princessliak said...

I miss you and have missed your blog as well. Congrats on school going well!

Laura said...

Gwen! I LOVE this post. You sound Happy! You're right - good grades and you're even finding/making time for knitting and beading? Life is good. :)

We miss you but we'll still be here when school is over.

maxine said...

I was glad to see your blog today. I was beginning to think you and your knitting needles had fallen off the face of the earth. You should be so proud of yourself for what you are doing with school.. I was thinking of you this week, remember when we planned World Wide Knit Day. It is almost that time again. Good memories
.Hope to see you soon.

Lanora said...

Enjoyed the update!