Thursday, April 17, 2008

Textured Tee and Mistake


I'm finally happy to have a sweater finished that fits. This isn't the best picture, though. I'm hoping to have Shelly at Twist take a better picture of it today.
I was excited to begin my next sweater. I had gotten a couple of inches done in the round. I found out this week that I will be switching my major at school. So now I have two classes to prepare for tonight instead of just one. Yesterday evening I was editing a paper that I wrote and set my pen down to do some reading. This morning I picked the paper up to finish editing and found something awful.



I always edit with pink or red ink so it can be seen easily. Why in the world didn't I think about putting the lid back on that stupid pen when I set it down. Of course it doesn't help that I have gobs of stuff piled on one little table.
Now, what am I going to do!? WAIL!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Lara said...

Rubbing Alcohol, stat!

People say to use hairspray to get out ink stains, but it's actually the rubbing alcohol that does it, and rubbing alcohol isn't sticky.

Knit and Fit said...

I like you sweater, it looks like it fits perfectly.

Tammy said...

The Sharpie website has all sorts of ways to remove ink from fabrics. My heart just broke when I saw that red splotch on your knitting! I'm just thankful that you weren't almost done with it and then had it happen. Now that would have truly sucked!

Your finished sweater is just beautiful, Gwen! And it's even more beautiful in person on you than the photo online shows. I can't wait to see your next project...minus the ink.

Laura said...

Aww, too bad you didn't know about the rubbing alcohol idea before frogging. It would have been worth a try, for sure!

Your Textured Tee fits perfectly! How awesome and satisfying. :)

Laura said...

Aww, too bad you didn't know about the rubbing alcohol idea before frogging. It would have been worth a try, for sure!

Your Textured Tee fits perfectly! How awesome and satisfying. :)

Lanora said...

Tee looks great!