Saturday, April 28, 2007

The Never-Ending Bag


I'm wondering if I will ever get this bag done. It is to be felted and, according to the pattern, will need 224 rows in order for it to end up being about 12" tall. I'm only on row 72 and in about 20 rows, I will begin increases every 12 rows. Will it ever end? Here is the pattern: http://www.knitting-and.com/knitting/patterns/bags/s-on-t-tote.html

For awhile, I've been thinking that I would try really hard to finish this before I start (or continue) another knitting project. Well, there is an all-day, outdoor knitting event being planned for June 9 and I'm thinking I need to go ahead and get started on the sleeveless sweater that I bought yarn for on my vacation. I'm trying to hold off knitting that swatch, but I don't know how long I can control myself.

3 comments:

Allison said...

Like they say in _Mason-Dixon_, "No project is too ambitious if you crave the result enough." Personally, I like projects with endless rounds of garter stitch when I'm going to be hanging around yakking and not paying close attention to what I'm doing. But that's just me. ;)

Laurie said...

One project at a time??
Could you explain that concept at the next KIP!!??
Right now I have six in my knitting bag with one more that is crying to be given it's space!

Laura said...

My first felted bag was en enormous tote by my own design so I had no clue how big it would be or where it would stretch out during felting, etc. It took for EVER to finish knitting. You'll get there! I promise! Without a deadline my bag might never have been finished though. heh