Monday, April 09, 2007

Finished Socks



I finished my first pair of socks last night. I used Patons Kroy Socks yarn, size 2 dpn, and the Garter Rib pattern from the Sensational Knitted Socks book. They felt good when I put them on for the picture, although they might be a little loose in a few places.

There are a couple of problematic spots that I'm going to have to get some help with from a more experienced knitter. Then I can wash them and wear them!

A heads up: I pulled out the Halloween cardigan from the pile in the corner, and dug around for the pattern, so will be working on that soon. I'm still on the first sleeve, but I don't think I've posted a picture of it yet. Maybe I'll do that today or tomorrow.

6 comments:

Allison said...

Congratulations on finishing your first pair of socks. The Sock Nut can tell you everything you need to know for a custom fit. Can't wait to see your finished Halloween cardi.

J. Denae said...

Go Gwen!! Love the socks!

Lara said...

Great socks! I love all the sock-knitting that has been going on lately.

Tammy said...

WoooooHoooooo! They look fantastic! Just think of the fit like they did in the men's wear department at Grace Brother's: They'll ride up with wear. *grins*

Lanora said...

How wonderful and they look great. I've been missing the Halloween cardi - glad to hear you'll be back on it!

Gwen said...

Thank you all for the compliments. And thanks to Lanora, Lia, April, and Maxine for the encouragement about fixing the holes at Panera Saturday morning. I went home and did the fixing. As of this writing, they have been washed and are in the drier. I'm excited to wear them. Will let you know.