Thursday, November 22, 2007

Finished Scarf


I'm happy to say I finished this scarf ahead of schedule. I was hoping for the Sunday after Thanksgiving and I actually finished it the day before Thanksgiving.



It seemed to turn out well. I believe I fixed all mistakes right after they happened. I even blocked it like suggested, because it's wool. I planned three stitches of garter on each side for the whole length, hoping that would keep it from curling. It didn't. The blocking helped the curling quite a bit, but not totally.




Here's a closeup of the open leaves lace pattern that I got out of a Vogue Knitting book. The next scarf will be smaller and will have a knit and purl pattern, not lace.


2 comments:

Lanora said...

Very nice. On to the next??

Sally Knitz said...

That's beautiful.