Saturday, February 17, 2007

I Want To Make Socks!

Every time I open my sock drawer, I think about it being filled with handknit socks someday. I'm beginning to wonder if I need therapy. Why do I have to start so many projects?! What am I avoiding, besides housework? Oh, well, who cares? I'm getting close to finishing the second try on the felted black hat. So, what do I do? I go and buy a set of double-pointed needles for making socks. So what if I didn't find any sock yarn I wanted to use! I've got a skein of sport weight Sinfonia in black that I haven't used for anything else yet. It's not really recommended for socks but they probably won't turn out anyway since it's my first time. So, I've start my feeble attempt at sockmaking. Meanwhile, in the corner, neglected, sits an unfinished Halloween cardigan, an unfinished Cindy sweater, barely-started wristlets, and the black felted hat. I know other people have a lot more projects than that sitting around - are they as bothered by it as I am?

3 comments:

Tammy said...

I'm right there with you! I really want to learn to make socks. I've got 4 projects going right now in a rotation, but I get bored with them. I found myself going through the Patternworks catalogue when I got home after our Saturday knitting/field trip. Then I went through my two knitting calendars and wrote down the project there that I want to do. And don't even get me started on the One Skein Wonders book! Oh, and did I mention that I've got patterns coming from a couple of Ebay auctions?

Sheesh...I'm digging in deep with this knitting thing. I've definitely been assimilated into the Hive. *grins*

Ingrid Potter said...

They're called significant others, and yes, they are bothered by the many unfinished projects.

Laura said...

I've got way more unfinished projects than that laying about... and you will LOVE making socks! I really am dyeing that yarn for you in the next few days. Hopefully I can make it to Panera next Saturday morning! :)