Thursday, July 06, 2006

Now What?




I'm almost ready to give up on my Halloween Cardigan idea. I thought it would be easier to find smallish Halloween motifs to incorporate into my pattern. I'm ready to consent to using the flying witch in front of the moon motif from knitting.about.com. But I can't afford to buy all the yarn I will need at one time. And what about the other motifs. I originally wanted some orange spirals. I don't know how to design these! And maybe I wouldn't know how to knit them in, anyway. It's been a long time since I did intarsia, and that may have been on a knitting machine.

On a lighter note: I had a BLAST at the Wichita KIP Swap last night. It was so much fun. I took one bag of stuff and left with three. Now I have to decide what to do with all my 'new' yarn. Maybe some hats for my winter morning walks.

Oh, I almost forgot, I have another gripe. I recently finished my third sweater since February. Before that it had been about 15 years since I did any knitting. Of these three sweaters, I really only like the way one fits. The neckline on the other two is too wide. And this third one is just plain too big. I must not be doing the swatch gauge process properly. Anyway, I want to make this cute, pink tank next:
I wonder if I'll be able to get the neckline right . . .

2 comments:

CosmicWeb said...

What about using a duplicate stitch for the swirls? There was a recent episode of "Knitty Gritty" (see www.diynet.com) that addressed how to design duplicate stitches. The episode was about felting but it seems to me that the design principles would be the same.
Dianne (in sweltering Michigan)

Gwen said...

Dianne, that is a great idea. I will definitely check out the diy site. I actually just discovered it this morning, myself.

Thanks!